Who Takes Cigna Health Insurance
Having health insurance can assist you manage your health care needs and costs. There are Cigna health insurance plans for almost every type of situation.
Why Do You Require Health Insurance?
The reasons why health insurance is essential consists of:
- Health insurance helps pay the expenses for medical care that you or covered dependents receive. Without it, you may pay the entire cost for all your care.
- Most health plans offer you a network of participating doctors, specialists, other health care practitioners, and facilities to select from. These network doctors, hospitals, and others provide lower rates than those outside the health plan’s network, which helps keep your costs lower.
- Having a health plan encourages you to see your physician for your annual check-up and other preventive care. This helps identify any health problems early before they become serious. Additionally, most health insurance plans offer 100% coverage for certain in-network preventive care.
Health Insurance for Young and Healthy People
One of the main reasons why health insurance is significant is that you want to stay healthy. One of the best ways to help you do that is to ensure you see your doctor for your annual check-up, get your flu shot, and other preventive care. It is covered 100% by most health insurance plans when you stay in-network.
Without Cigna health benefits, you may have to pay the full cost of any medical care you receive, as well as preventive care.
Health insurance is vital for other reasons, as well: if you do get sick or abruptly need emergency care, health insurance plans help cover some of those costs. Otherwise, you may be on your own, paying the high healthcare cost.
Is There Health Insurance for Healthy Individuals?
Yes. If you are healthy, you may need to consider health plans with higher deductibles and lower monthly premiums. Plans such as these will help you save money if you do not expect to have a lot of medical costs during the plan year.
If you enroll in a Qualified High Deductible Health Plan, you may also be qualified to open a Health Savings Account (HSA), which can help you save money on taxes and pay for eligible health care costs.
What Happens If You Do Not Have Health Insurance?
Many things can happen if you do not have health insurance:
- You may be more likely to avoid getting recommended preventive care.
- You may be responsible for paying the whole cost of any medical care if you happen to get sick, injured, or develop a chronic illness.
- If you do not obtain “Minimum Essential Coverage” as defined under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), you may need to pay a tax penalty.
The key reason why health insurance is important is it helps you get the care you need—even if it’s basic preventive care—at a price you can afford.
Resources and References: