Individual Health Insurance in Texas
You have more health insurance options for your health than you think, Texas.
If you are self-employed or do not have insurance from your employer – in other words, you are looking for individual or family health insurance in Texas – you might be searching for Affordable Care Act insurance, what’s typically known as Obamacare. Though, we want to make you aware of the whole range of individual and family insurance plans we have available in your state.
Short Term Health Insurance in Texas
A temporary medical insurance plan such as short-term health insurance underwritten by Golden Rule Insurance Company, may offer:
- Affordable monthly payments
- Health care coverage while you look for a long-term choice
Is Short Term Insurance for You?
Short term health plans may be for you if you are:
- Between employments or waiting for benefits to begin at your new job
- Healthy and below 65
- Searching for a plan to bridge you to Medicare
- Turning 26 and coming off your parent’s medical plans
- Not able to apply for the Affordable Care Act (ACA), also known as Obamacare, coverage since you missed Open Enrollment and you are not eligible for Special Enrollment
- Waiting for your Affordable Care Act coverage to start
Short-term health insurance also referred to as temporary health insurance or term health insurance, might be right for you for these situations and many others. It can fill that gap in coverage until you can pick a longer-term solution.
Health Insurance Plans for Many Years
TriTerm Medical Insurance, underwritten by Golden Rule Insurance Company, is short term health insurance that offers coverage for preventive care, doctor office visits, and prescriptions.
- Apply once for insurance plan terms that equal one day less than three years.
- $2 million lifetime maximum benefit for each covered individual on most plans.
- Eligible expenses for preexisting conditions are covered after 12 months on the policy.
Hospital and Doctor Health Insurance
Health ProtectorGuard fixed indemnity insurance, underwritten by Golden Rule Insurance Company, can supplement your major medical plan by paying cash for qualified, covered health services, such as a doctor visit, a trip to urgent care, or a surgical procedure.
- There are no deductibles or copayments to pay first
- Money to pay costs that are not covered by major medical plans, like a deductible
- Benefits paid irrespective of other insurance
Accident and Critical Illness Health Insurance
Accidental injuries and critical diseases occur when you do not expect them. Those unexpected expenses can strain any budget. Accident insurance and critical illness insurance can help by paying cash benefits for covered injuries or diseases.
The Accident Pro series of products, underwritten by Golden Rule Insurance Carrier, combines accident insurance with critical diseases, hospitalization, and accidental death and dismemberment coverage all in one. Some health policies are guaranteed to be issued, meaning your application won’t be turned down for preexisting conditions.
Texas Dental and Vision Health Insurance Plans
Underwritten by Golden Rule Insurance Company, dental and vision insurance health insurance plans have no age limit limitations. They offer coverage for dental and vision services; many medical insurance policies do not include.
References and Resources