Get More Benefits &
Save More! Call For
More Info Today

    Step 1 of 8

For Individuals

We offer many individual health plans options to select from. We offer plans that are customized to suit your budget and needs. You can choose from a pool of affordable insurance options from top carriers in the country. With individual insurance, you can access preventative health care and save money on prescriptions and doctor’s visits. Get a customized individual health insurance plan in just a few clicks!

For Families

Finding the right insurance for your family is one of the most important decisions you can make. We offer a wide range of affordable insurance plans from leading insurance firms from which you can choose. Finding the ideal family insurance plan for your loved ones does not have to be complicated. We offer customized quotes that suit your family needs and budget. Fill in the form to get your customized quote!

For Groups

Health Insurance Plans offers a wide array of group health insurance options for both small and large companies. We customize our products to meet the needs of your business and help you find an insurance plan that is both cost effective and prioritizes the wellbeing of your employees. Make the most of the numerous, affordable and top group health insurance plans. Get your quote from Health Insurance today!

How Do Copayments, Coinsurance, and Deductibles Work?

Making sense of healthcare insurance is far from easy, and understanding the jargon can be as puzzling as learning a new language.

Whether you’re buying health insurance or attempting to understand your current plan, we will assist explain some of the hard terms. Let’s begin with types of deductibles in health insurance, copayments, and coinsurance.

Your copayment is a fixed rate that you will pay out of pocket each time you use your health plan. Copayments differ by policy and can change depending on the kind of care you receive.
Health Insurance Copays

For instance, the copayment Tom pays to visit his primary care physician is different from the copayment he pays for hospitalization, seeing an expert, and seeking out-of-network treatment.

Copayments also apply to medications and can differ for specialty and generic drugs.

Your deductible is the amount you will pay out-of-pocket every year before your insurance provider starts to cover medical costs.

Nevertheless, deductibles don’t apply to all services…most plans will cover routine doctor visits, prescription drugs, and preventive care before you meet your deductible. When your deductible is met, your full benefits will kick in!

Some health insurance programs also have coinsurance. As soon as you reach your deductible, coinsurance necessitates that you and your health insurer share the responsibility of paying for your medical expenses.

Let’s say Tom has health insurance with a $1500 deductible and an 80/20 coinsurance.

If Tom’s costs are lower than $1500 throughout the year, he will be responsible for paying 100% of the total costs.

If Tom has a catastrophic injury or illness that needs a lot of medical care, he’ll first pay his $1500 deductible. His health insurance will pay 80% of the remaining costs, leaving Tom responsible for the other 20%.

Hopefully, Tom’s condition has clarified some of the key terms to help you better understand the world of health insurance.

What is Deductible in Health Insurance with Example?

Types of Deductibles in Health Insurance

If you have a $500 deductible with your auto insurance, it’s easy to figure out what you will pay if something happens that is covered by the policy: $500. Afterward, your insurance company picks up the tab.

It is not so easy with health insurance. With these plans, your deductible is the amount you pay out-of-pocket before your coverage begins sharing costs with you through coinsurance, for instance.

Assume you have a $2,000 deductible, a $50 copay, 80/20 coinsurance, and an out-of-pocket maximum of $3,000.

You visit an orthopedist ($50 copay) since you have hip pain. The doctor orders an MRI to find out what is the cause of the pain. The MRI costs $2,000. You pay the entire amount, and in doing so, you meet your deductible.

The MRI shows you have a torn labrum in your hip, and that you’ll require surgery to fix it. All in, the operation will cost $20,000. Your 20% coinsurance comes out to $4,000. But because you have a $3,000 out-of-pocket maximum, you only owe $1,000. Your insurance pays the rest if all the charges are covered expenses.

Resources and References:

Speak Directly to a Licensed Agent

(833) 572-0898


What our
Client Think About Us!

The process was easy and seamless. My contact person was very supportive and patient with me. He took time to respond to all my queries, and explained the options at my disposal. I got all the information I needed to choose and sign up for my current insurance plan. I would definitely recommend National Health Connect!
Linet W.